This is the first recipe in the new “Healthy Living” section of the blog. Enjoy!
These rolls use the popular Fat Head dough as a base. You can find a bunch of fat head recipes all over the internet. They are perfect with your morning coffee and I’ve had them with Rebel Ice Cream and Walden’s Caramel syrup for dessert. Yummy!
For The Dough
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 c Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbl Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 c Granulated Sweetener ( I love Swerve!)
- 1 1/2 tbl Baking powder
- 2 c Almond Flour
- 2 tbl Coconut Flour
- 1 tbl Flaxseed (optional)
For the Filling
- 1/4 c Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbl Cinnamon
- 1/2 c Brown “Sugar” Swerve
- Melt the cheeses in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until the cheese melts completely
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.It will be a liquid consistency. If you are adding the optional flaxseed, add it now.
- Mix one (1) cup of almond flour into the cheese mixture.
- Add the baking powder
- Mix the 2nd cup of almond flour into the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a smooth dough and put it in the refrigerator while you make the filling
- Melt the butter
- Add Brown “Sugar” Swerve (or other sweetener) and mix into a thick paste
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it between two sheets of parchment paper into a flat square or oval.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and roll the dough into a log.
- Cut the log into 8 pieces
- Bake at 325 for 8-12 minutes.